Subject İnformation
Author mooneyhill1 Replies 23
Share Views 1
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The International News Thread
This post is all about the International news stuffs from television news sources around the world (including the United States, Canada, Australia, Ireland, Russia, Japan, China, France, Spain, Italy, and Germany.
Something from my country, but not the mainland where I live.

RTP Madeira newscast from early 1997 (by then the intro despite using another track was changed in the mainland):

(part 2 can't be embedded but anyway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkccS6BZvyo)
The channel's logo was changed within a few months.
Redacción - Canal Plus España 1994

Greetings from Spain
"JNN Flash News" -- Tokyo Broadcasting System, 15 September 2002.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktq-fqCjK6s

SABC News from September 10, 1981, the lead story being the snowstorm near Lesotho taking up one third of the newscast. Until New Year's Eve that year, SABC TV was the only channel operating in South Africa.
(17-08-2022, 02:13 PM)RandomMe Wrote:
SABC News from September 10, 1981, the lead story being the snowstorm near Lesotho taking up one third of the newscast. Until New Year's Eve that year, SABC TV was the only channel operating in South Africa.

Note how they only talk about how the weather is affecting the white population, given that the broadcaster was controlled by the apartheid government at the time.
Funnily enough they planned a two-channel service a few years before the 1976 launch: TV1 and TV Bantu, the latter being the black channel. Alas for some reason they decided to launch just the English and Afrikaans service (SABC TV). On December 31, 1981 (according to some sources, others say it launched the following day) what was going to be TV Bantu launched as TV2/TV3.

Likewise the extant television channel toggled between English and Afrikaans until the 1996 reshuffling IIRC. Under this practice one part of the schedule was in English and the other in Afrikaans. This also affected the main news (8pm) which remained in that timeslot and format for twenty years. After the 1996 changes (a few years after the fall of Apartheid) the English news moved to SABC 3 (the former NNTV) and the Afrikaans news (there was a massive downsizing of Afrikaans programming) to SABC 2 (the former TV1 just to confuse you). And for a while in the early 2000s, SABC 3 didn't have the same graphics for its news bulletins unlike the other language bulletins airing on the two other channels.
Flemish broadcaster VRT rebranded on Monday, so did the news, here's a selection of graphics from the main and late bulletins.
TG1 was set to rebrand today. They did, but for the first time, a new look is unveiled in extraordinary circumstances.

The new intro displays the capitals of the world being linked as well as a new arrangement of the decades-long theme, used in its abbreviated format since the Rai reforms of 1976 that caused the end of the former Telegiornale and the start of TG1 and TG2.
Hi there, I thought I'd show you my old Local CBS affiliate when I lived on the Illinois/Missouri border KFVS12 covers southeast Missouri, southern Illinois, western Kentucky and northwest Tennessee, KFVS12 brands their news as Heartland News.