Subject İnformation
Author cally_ Replies 20
Share Views 1
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gameshows Thread
The remaining ATV Bullseyes (I think 10 out of 12?) have been seen on Challenge a couple of times a few years back.
"This is BBC World Service Television."
(05-08-2022, 08:05 PM)cosmo Wrote: The remaining ATV Bullseyes (I think 10 out of 12?) have been seen on Challenge a couple of times a few years back.

Yes, I saw those!

What happened to the other 2, are they "missing" or just not of broadcast quality?
I'd like to see "Countdown" again.
Another quiz I liked from the 80's was Catchword, presented by Paul Coia. Such a simple format that worked. Can't see why it couldn't be brought back either with Paul or a new host.

Many of the contestants used the word "antidisestablishmentarianism" as a point scorer!
(07-08-2022, 06:57 AM)finlux Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 08:05 PM)cosmo Wrote: The remaining ATV Bullseyes (I think 10 out of 12?) have been seen on Challenge a couple of times a few years back.

Yes, I saw those!

What happened to the other 2, are they "missing" or just not of broadcast quality?

Never broadcast:
http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Bullseye
Quote:The first two programmes were so bad they were scrapped and never broadcast - they were very expletive-ridden, by all accounts. This was especially expensive because a car had been won in one of them.
(13-08-2022, 04:36 PM)JAS84 Wrote:
(07-08-2022, 06:57 AM)finlux Wrote:

Yes, I saw those!

Never broadcast:
http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Bullseye
Quote:The first two programmes were so bad they were scrapped and never broadcast - they were very expletive-ridden, by all accounts. This was especially expensive because a car had been won in one of them.

Thanks for that, I didn't know!

I wonder if the 2 episodes still exist in the archives, or whether they were actually erased? If they exist then I'm surprised that they've not been shown late night, unless ATV/Central didn't want them shown because they were so bad!

On a slight different note, the Dave Spikey revival was quite poor (IMHO). It was almost played out as a parody of the original.
I remember seeing an episode on Challenge from Series 1 which was seemed like it was the very first episode - Jim explaining everything that was going on and the rules for each round in more detail than usual. Apparently it wasn't the first broadcast episode though as the pro darts player in that one was Bobby George, whilst in the one I saw it was Eric Bristow.
They've now started showing Dickinson's Real Deal. If you'll excuse the pun, what's the deal with that, eh?  Huh
Hello!

I think Challenge should show the following - You Bet!, The Krypton Factor (1984 onwards), Turnabout, 4 Square, Fun House....

I dont understand why Challenge feels the need to constantly repeat the Chase, surely that can't be good for viewing figures?
They should bring back 3-2-1 with Ted Rogers and Dusty Bin